Kelsey Lee Sanders, a native of Jackson, Tennessee, is an Associate with Smith Cashion & Orr, PLC.
Ms. Sanders received her Bachelor of Arts in History from Louisiana State University in 2018, where she was a member of Chi Omega Fraternity and served as a senator in the Louisiana State University Student Senate. During her time at LSU she served as a liaison between the House and the Senate at the Louisiana State Capitol.
Ms. Sanders received her Juris Doctor from Belmont University in 2021. She served as an ambassador for Belmont University College of Law for all three years. She also served as a peer mentor for her second and third year, providing mentorship and support to younger students. Ms. Sanders also served as the treasurer of the Family Law Society during her third year.
Before law school, Ms. Sanders worked as a Summer Associate at Lannom Coronado Haight PLLC in the summer of 2015, 2016, and 2018. During her law school summers, she worked as a Legal Intern for Gates Law Office and a Summer Associate Smith Cashion & Orr. Following law school, Ms. Sanders joined Smith Cashion & Orr as an associate.
Ms. Sanders is preparing to take the Tennessee Bar exam in February 2022.
Ms. Sanders is currently a member of the American, Tennessee, and Nashville Bar Associations as well as the Marion Griffin Chapter of the Lawyers’ Association for Women.
- Member, Nashville Bar Association
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Marion Griffin Chapter of the Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Member, Greater Tennessee Associated Builders and Contractors
- B.A. in History, Louisiana State University, 2018
- J.D., Belmont University, 2021
- Ms. Sanders is practicing law under a supervised license until she takes the bar.
Honors & Distinctions
- Graduated Cum Laude from LSU
- Senator for student government at LSU
- Treasurer of Belmont University’s Family Law Society
- Peer Mentor at Belmont University
- College of Law Ambassador at Belmont University